Saturday 2 May 2009

Long time, no see...

Oops.

Yeah, so I haven't really kept up to date with my bloggings. Sorry.

So, how much have I written...

Not an awful lot to be honest, but the muse gripped me by the throat and I have spent the last three days doing the first draft of chapter one. Its not great, its not rubbish, but it is only the first draft.

I can see about half a dozen things that I can change to improve it, but in the interests of actually getting something finished, have switched my ruthless self-editor off. I could spend the rest of the year editing my first chapter so I am just gonna crack on with chapter two.

My goal is to draft a chapter a week, only going through my book to tidy it up after I have finished the whole story. I want to get it sent off to an agents by the end of the year. Hopefully it is good enough for someone to want to spend their hard earned cash on.

So what story did I pick?

Rather predictably none of the ones which I listed before. I had a new idea that I just couldn't leave alone. Its about life, death, politics and religion, but thats all you are getting... for now.

Right I am off to do more work. Hopefully I won't leave it so long to my next update...

No comments: