Friday 31 July 2009

Bah and indeed Humbug!

Okay lets get the crap out of the way...

Not updated my blog for a bit as my posts would consist of "not done much writing really, doubting my ability, struggling to get motivated, blah blah blah..."

Lets face it, that is crap and boring to write about so it is hardly going to interesting to read.

So basically I told my bosses to stick their job in April and was gainfully unemployed until recently and have been focusing more on getting money - you know so I can eat and live and stuff - not a lot of time left for writing.

Next week I am off from Monday through to Thursday so much writing will be done next week.

I have not been a completely lazy tool; the writing that I have been doing is less plot focused and more character based, not bad, pretty happy with it to be honest.

I have finished "The Corrections" which has given me a few ideas about the structure of my own work. The book focuses five different plot threads each one from the point of view of a different family member. In mine I have three plot threads, (mainly because my sub plot's have spun wildly out of control) so reading that has been helpful in the extreme.

I am now tackling "Lucky Jim" by Kingsley Amis, great so far but I have only just started it so we will see how that goes.

Enter the dragon.

Exit Kieren King.

No comments: